Children’s drama report
I am writing this report on the children’s drama – Sarah Jane Adventures.
- British Science Fiction Television Series.
- Staring Elizabeth Sladen.
- Created as a spin off from the long running science fiction programme, Doctor Who.
- Each episode had a 25 min time slot in which to fill.
- Special 60 min slot for “Invasion of the Bane.
- The initial idea of Sarah Jane Adventures was to grasp a spin off from Doctor Who. Sarah Jane was present in a few of the Doctor Who episodes and was shown as being one of the many faithful companions. She later started her own series of children’s drama’s that were a complete success. The episodes that were created had the science fiction setting to them with aliens and paranormal activities present. Sarah Jane and her companions set out to investigate the happenings and then figure out how to dispose of the entities.
- Sarah Jane would always be present with the ever so familiar K-9. K-9 would only be present in a few of the Doctor Who episodes. He was a robot dog that would follow the commands of his master. K-9 was not present in all of the Sarah Jane Adventure series but he was present in 6 episodes in the third series and shown again for 2 more appearances in the forth series. K-9 was not present in the fifth series of Sarah Jane Adventures at all.
- There were a grand total of twelve episodes that were very well presented. Watch by thousands of younger viewers. Sarah Jane was present in many of the last episodes before a new doctor was present, such as: The Five Doctors (1983), School Reunion (2006), The stolen Earth (2008), Journeys End (2008), and The End of Time (2010).
- Elisabeth starred in four series of the popular CBBC series, from 2007 - 2011.She first became famous for playing Doctor Who's assistant Sarah Jane, in the BBC TV series Doctor Who back in the 1970s.Elisabeth had been really ill with cancer for some time. Sarah Jane Adventures creator Russell T Davies said Lis was "simply wonderful."
He said: "I absolutely loved Lis. She was funny and cheeky and clever. The universe was lucky to have Sarah Jane Smith; the world was lucky to have Lis."
Elisabeth first appeared as journalist Sarah Jane with the third Doctor in 1973, and she went on to help the fourth Doctor too.
When she returned in the Sarah Jane Adventures, the show became one of the most successful children's programmes in recent years.
Talking about playing Sarah Jane, Elisabeth said: "It's quite a shock sometimes. I had no idea the response was going to be this huge. It's such a great standard to set and we are all so pleased to be part of that."
The makers of Doctor Who say they're planning a tribute to the actress when the series returns on Saturday.
- Sadly Elisabeth passed away from cancer at the age of 63.
Ref: BBCNEWS Website.