- When I edited our children’s drama, I used a programme called Adobe Premier Pro. This programme lets you edit movie clips and sounds with ease. It also includes many features that help to improve the overall outlook of you short productions.
- Everything we used was stored on a portable hard drive and a specific computer. This helped to prevent data loss and confusion as to where the data was stored.
- When editing, we had to overcome a few big problems. One of the main problems was data being moved from one location to another. Although the data was stored on a hard drive, we still had issues with finding it. On some occasions, the clips we had filmed were not on the hard drive at all but were still on the cameras memory card. This problem was solved by only putting the clips onto one of the group members’ account. It would only be used from that account so we all ended up knowing the users password.
- Although we had many scenes with a film, we did not get confused by which scenes would be used and which would be thrown away, this task was relatively easy and controlled.
- On some of the filming days we had planned, it was almost certain that someone would not show up. We overcome this problem with ease as the crew we not in the film to begin with. All our actors were present when they needed to be.
· On a positive note, Premier Pro uses many great features to help improve your work. For example, adding effects. You start by clicking on the effects tab; this will bring down a drop down menu that has 5 different choices to choose from. You can either choose an effect, a transition or use the search box to look for more choices.
· When you have finished creating the film, you will need to save the film in the format of DV PAL, 48KHZ and in widescreen. In this format, you will gain the best visual effects and the best quality sound.
· Although the overall experience was tedious and not very positive. We still managed to pull it off with flying colours. There was so much confusion and concentration put into making the production that the worry about making mistakes was so high. We saved the file after every small move as the computer kept on freezing in the middle of something, Scenes were being deleted and clips were being cut to short. In the end we brought it together and made something very promising.
- In conclusion, I worked out that using Premier Pro is relatively easy and effective. Working together with a group of people is much more production friendly and helps get all different aspects of a short movie into place. I enjoyed creating the film and was very excited to see it.